Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Lampshade

Hi!  I have just a quick little lampshade makeover for you today.  I took a simple white lampshade and added a little more charm to it.  Here is the before picture.....

Here is the after.....I used my cricut machine to create a stencil using contact paper.  I absolutely love my cricut machine and use it all the time.  I tend to use it mainly for creating stencils for embellishing shirts and adding character to furniture.  In the past I always used vinyl paper from Jo-Anns.....then I learned from somewhere in blog land that contact paper works just as good and is much CHEAPER.  It works just as good when you are jazzing up a shirt and using fabric paint.  Freezer paper works well too...however you can eliminate the iron stage when using contact paper.  This lampshade now sits on a butter yellow base, which I am sorry I don't have a complete picture for you.
Have a great Thursday!
Jackie

Linking to these great parties:

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great. I just got a Silhouette Cameo and use it mainly for making stencils with contact paper...it's just so much fun!
    -Melissa
    PS- I've started a Blog Hop- would love for you to stop by and join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting!! Hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete