Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My New Secretary

I hope you are all having a beautiful week!!  It is a really nice around here....it just makes me love summer even more!  Anyway...so this is my project that I had been working on.  I am so mad at myself for not taking a before picture of it. I bet you can imagine just a wood desk, no paint, nothing on it.  I am excited how it turned out and I am very excited that it fits perfectly where I wanted it.  Now it hides all my papers that I am always overloaded with!  It also fits, the kids little shoes, mittens, hats, and scarfs when winter comes again.



All I did was lightly sand before and I used a really cheap flat paint, and I have to say that I liked the look.  It almost looked like annie sloan paint.  I did put about 3 coats of paint on, but I feel like if I would of primed it, it still would of been 3 coats total anyway.  Then I used a minwax paste instead of poly....and that turned out great!  I love that it isn't too shiny!!  Anyways have a good one..until next time Kim


Linked to:  serendipityandspice  makingtheworldcuter staceyembracingchange  pincushioncreations  .the36thavenue  aglimpseinsideblog  thecraftyblogstalker  thriftydecorating-nikkiw.  katiesnestingspot  craftyscrappyhappy somewhatsimple  lovingthiscrazylife-melissa  /bec4-beyondthepicketfence  livelaughrowe  theartsygirlconnection  katherinescorner  akadesign  bloomdesignsonline 52mantels  alittleknickknack  diybydesign
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Your secretary looks great! I have a small one yet to refinish. There is so many uses for them. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm about to do a chair, antique sewing machine, and small table-- as soon as I find the time! :)

    You're being featured today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It looks wonderful. Great re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - nice work :o)
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete