Friday, July 27, 2012

Pillowcase Dress

T.G.I.F!!! I am so excited that it is Friday!! We are headed North today when my husband gets off of work. We are going to do some camping and hopefully make it to the beautiful Mackinaw Island!! I love Michigan in the summer time.
Today I am going to share with you a project that I have wanted to try for awile now. I saw these cute dresses when I was down at the flea market this spring in Ohio. They were made out of old, vintage pillow cases that had embroidery on the bottom. I just thought they were the most adorable little dresses for little girls of all ages!! I just had to try an attempt at making one. So I bought these vintage pillowcases at an estate sale, they didn't have the embroidery on the bottom, but I LOVED the print. So here is my attempt at making my first pillow case dress.


Here is the chosen pillow case before it was cut in half and transformed into a dress. :)

Here is the finished product. After I cut the pillowcase in half to the desired length that I wanted it for my six month old, I then cut out arm holes and hemmed them to prevent fraying edges. I then sewed the top to make a casing so that my ribbon could easily fit through it and make cute little bows on the shoulders to tie everything together.

Here it is on my daughter. I put on a little pair of black leggings underneath. I am thrilled with how my first one turned out!!

Enjoy your weekend!!! ~Jessica

Linked up to these fabulous parties:


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Cute this is adorable! I'm a new follower and I'm excited to see more cute baby outfits you might make. Feel free to follow back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo stinking cute! Love the sweet pillowcase fabric.. and I just adore those sweet toes in the pic!
    Thanks for sharing at the Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete