Anyhow my husband was on me about getting it out of the garage so I finally decided to sand it down and put a primer on it to start. Once I got that far I really got motivated and painted it white. I wasn't happy and thought it needed a different color. So then I took out this green that i bought as an "oops" paint. It was my first time opening it and I put a coat on it. I was really pleased with the color. Then I rubbed some brown stain on the corners and around the edges of the drawers to give it more of an imperfect look, since the piece is not perfect. Finally I took some sand paper and sanded the corners and edges of the piece. I thought it needed this last step because of the chipped veneer, although after the color change and detailing I don't think the missing veneer was so noticeable. Overall I was happy with the outcome and wonder why I didn't start the project earlier. That is all for today, I hope you are having a pleasant one.
This is the before picture. Even though I LOVED the color the piece wasn't in the best condition with the chipped veneer so I had to give it a new look altogether.
Here is the after. I think that the chipped veneer is not as noticeable and it looks like a brand new piece.
Here is the last picture with one of my favorite chairs that I keep on hand to take pictures with. It something that I could never part with but looks pretty nice with this desk.
Linked up to: